San Diego International Airport
San Diego International Airport, also known as Lindbergh Field, is a public airport located 3 miles from northwest of downtown San Diego, California. It is 15 miles from the Mexico and United States border at Tijuana, Mexico.
Elevation: 17’ 1" (5.20 m)
Address: 3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101
Hours: Tuesday hours 11:00 am–10:00 pm
Phone: (619) 400-2404
San Diego International Airport is the busiest single-runway, commercial airport in the United States, After London Gatwick it is the second busiest single use-runway in the world with about 50,000 passenger’s total of 17,250,269 passengers in 2012 with 550 departures and arrivals carrying each day. San Diego is the largest metropolitan area that is not an airline hub or secondary hub and is a focus city for Southwest Airlines.
The airport provides domestic flights and international flights to Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Japan.
Hotel near San Diego Airport
Attractions near San Diego Airport
Here is a list of our top 10 San Diego attractions that you should be sure to enjoy on your San Diego visit:
- Legoland San Diego: kids will be delighted to find an entire land made out of Lego’s - rides and activities included.
- Balboa Park: with over 1,000 acres of lush grass, stunning architecture, museums, gardens, and true authentic San Diego beauty, Balboa Park is a great San Diego attraction everyone can enjoy.
- San Diego Zoo: Beautiful and the world most famous zoo is so extensive it's almost impossible to enjoy all of the exhibits in one day.
- SeaWorld: SeaWorld San Diego gives you the unique opportunity to get up close and personal with all sorts of marine animals including whales, dolphins and penguins.
- Seaport Village: Packed with shops, restaurants, and gorgeous San Diego ocean views, Seaport Village is an ideal attraction in San Diego for a day or evening outside with that special someone.
- Belmont Park: It's always a party at Belmont Park and visitors of all ages have a blast on the rides, the nearby beach, or just people-watching.
- Birch Aquarium: Get hands on with great animal exhibits or just stand still and let the swimming sea life mesmerize you.
- Gaslamp Quarter: Gaslamp Quarter in Downtown San Diego is a hot spot for young, adults looking for fun. While the scene definitely perks up at night with great bars and clubs.
- Old Town San Diego
Enjoy great restaurants, wonderful souvenir shops and interesting historical plaques detailing the rich past of San Diego.
- Wineries Callaway
It offers a number of different types of wine including their special selection of wines. Both Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards are located in the gorgeous Temecula.